Yes, we believe there is a crisis at hand. It is not just an opportunity, or a challenge, or a situation
needing adjustment. We are convinced that there is a huge need that should be biblically and compassionately
addressed here in Metropolitan Phoenix. Here is what we see:
Metropolitan Phoenix is now the fifth largest city in the nation, yet there is no valleywide Biblical (nouthetic) counseling ministry to serve the whole body of Christ.
The Church largely has confidence that the gospel saves, but not that the gospel will sanctify (make holy) a struggling believer.
Secular approaches to counseling fail to intentionally glorify God or bring lasting joy to His people
The Pastor is too often viewed as a professional rather than a shepherd involved with the lives of his flock.
Therapeutic philosophies subtly, yet pervasively influence and guide Christian thinking. We need a biblical worldview that informs our counseling.
Unfortunately, the church is typically the last resource hurting people approach with serious life problems.
We believe the Lord Jesus Christ has raised up Compassionate Counselors, Inc. (CCI) to strengthen the local church and help people glorify God in their lives.
We have four areas of focus and concentration as a ministry:
Biblically Counsel with compassion and mercy to hurting individuals
Supply Training for the local church, organizations and individuals
Offer Chaplaincy services to Christian-owned businesses
Provide Resources to find books, materials and other media services
Why do we believe this ministry is important and needed? Here are our convictions and beliefs on each of the above four points:
- A need exists for counseling that believes in the complete sufficiency
of the Scriptures to solve any problem of living (2 Tim 3:16-17).
- There is a need for mercy with truth; truth without love is too hard, love without truth
is too soft. (Micah 6:8; Gal 4:16)
- Counseling needs to occur that sees the Holy Spirit as the most important person involved
in counseling. It is not the counselor or the counselee that is most important (Jn. 14:16-17; 16:7).
- Counseling needs to aim at glorifying God, not just solving problems (Eph 1:6, 12, 14).
- Many of the unsaved will not turn to the local church for help with their struggles, but
they will turn to a ministry like CCI (Acts 26:18).
- God is sovereign over our lives and desires us to become more like Jesus Christ through
our trials and difficulties (Rom. 8:28-29)
- The goal of this training is to equip the local church (and individuals)
to do ministry that is a biblical imperative (Eph 4:12).
- CCI has as its goal to come alongside and strengthen the Church since counseling is an
integral part of being a shepherd. (Acts 20:28-32; 14:22; 15:32, 41; 16:5).
- Many Christian business owners see their role as not only providing
employment for their employees, but also a stewardship to care for them compassionately (cf. Eph. 6:9).
- It is difficult for these same owners or leaders to exercise this
kind of care that their employees need due to issues of discretion, comfort, and logistics.
- Many of these employees are unaffiliated with any church, or are at
best loosely connected with a church.
- A Chaplain ministry where regular contact is made with these
employees can bring compassionate care to those who are suffering and either have
nowhere to turn, or are turning to the wrong resource.
- Churches and ministry organizations need printed material, books and
other media services that will present a distinctly God-centered view of counseling.
They need to know where to look to find them.
- Research and creation of topic specific materials that will address
any problem of living from a distinctly biblical worldview.
Ten (10) plus years of experience as an ordained full-time Senior Pastor
Master of Divinity with honors (cum laude).
Master of Arts in Theology with High Distinction and Doctorate in Theology with High Distinction.
A theologian with a pastors heart who strives to be a scholar-shepherd
Known and networked in the Valley across denominations since 1992.
Kingdom-minded and desirous of working transdenominationally and seeing God glorified throughout the
body of Christ.
Certified with NANC (National Association of Nouthetic Counselors (www.nanc.org) and IABC
(International Association of Biblical Counselors (www.iabc.net).
Counseling those who struggle with: Marital problems, Depression, Bi-Polar Disorder, Suicide,
Anger/Bitterness/ Forgiveness, Anxiety and Fears, OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), Panic Attacks,
Abortion, Mental Health, Parenting, ADHD, Sexual Immorality, Homosexuality, Self-injury/cutting, Gods
Sovereignty/Mans Trials, Addictions, Role of Husband and Wife, etc. (2 Pet 1:3-4: 1 Cor. 6:9-11)
Has trained over 100 church leaders around the world in Biblical Counseling through missions work in
Eastern Europe (Poland and Czech Republic ), Russia (Moscow/Samara) and Belarus (Minsk)
Compassionate Counselors, Inc.
1110 East Missouri Ave. Suite 400,
Phoenix, Arizona 85014
Compassionate Counselors, Inc. is an approved 501 (c)3 organization registered with the IRS and the
state of Arizona. All contributions are tax deductible.